Gelos Comedy Film Festival is an open, accessible film festival dedicated to fostering a community of filmmakers and film fans.
Please read these rules & regulations for submission very carefully PRIOR to submitting your film for consideration. By submitting your film to Gelos Comedy Film Festival, you acknowledge that you have read and understand these conditions.
1. All Films must be in the genre of COMEDY. If there is no hummor (not even 1 second), the films will not be taken into consideration.
2. All entries must be in English (official language of festival) or — SUBTITLED, DUBBED, regardless of the country of production, unless special arrangements have been made with festival.
3. We accept films only from authors or their authorized representatives who have the written permission from the author. All video, soundtrack, texts and music used in the film should not violate the copyright law. You may be asked to supply documentation supporting your claim. Violation of copyright is a sufficient justification for exclusion of the film from participation in the festival.
4. All films selected for screening grant Gelos Comedy Film Festival the right to use stills and excerpts of up to two minutes for promotional purposes. By sending your film to participate in our festival, you agree that your trailer will be uploaded to our website and our pages in social networks, as well as will be shown live on TV channels of partners of the Festival as a part of the festival exhibition.
5. Multiple entries are permissible, but each entry must be accompanied by a separate Entry and fee. – There is no limit as to how many films you can submit. However, each film can only be submitted once in one single category. If your film is suiting in more than one category, then please choose the one you find most suiting.
6. There are no premiere requirements. Your film may have screened before.
7. Films that have distribution are still eligible for submission.
8. Films that have been broadcast on television, and/or are available to view in full online, are still eligible for submission.
9. All documentary, animation, fiction films, created by professionals and enthusiasts not earlier than January 1, 2012 are welcome to participate in the contest.
10. Submissions will not be returned. All fees are nonrefundable.
11. Submitting is not a guarantee of being programmed. Our jury screens the films PRIVATELY (meaning: it’s not a public screening!). Only officially selected films we’ll screen at our annual event.
12. No inquiries or arguments will be entertained regarding non selected films. The decision off festival selection committee will be final.